Pruning saws are a must-have tool for any gardener or homeowner who wants to maintain their trees and shrubs. Whether you’re pruning branches, trimming bushes, or cutting down small trees, a high-quality pruning saw can make the task much easier and efficient. But with so many options available on the market, it can be challenging to choose the best one for your needs.
That’s where our comparative guide of the best pruning saws comes in. If you’re looking to buy a pruning saw, you’ve come to the right place. Our comprehensive ranking features the top 10 pruning saws that are currently in high demand among consumers. From folding saws to bow saws and pole saws, our ranking includes a variety of options that will suit any gardening task and budget.
Our ranking table primarily includes products from Amazon, as they offer a wide range of pruning saws to choose from. However, we also include links to other popular gardening websites in the UK, such as Argos, Homebase, B&Q, Wickes, and lesser-known retailers. With so many options to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect pruning saw to meet your needs.
In this article, we’ll delve into each of the top 10 best pruning saws in detail, highlighting their features, benefits, and why they’re a great investment for any gardener or homeowner. So, whether you’re a seasoned gardener or just starting out, a pruning saw is an essential tool that will help you maintain healthy and beautiful trees and shrubs. Get ready to tackle your pruning tasks with ease by choosing one of the best pruning saws on the market!
Which are the best pruning saws?
Spear & Jackson Kew Gardens Razorsharp 4960KEW Folding Pruning Saw
- Developed in conjunction with Kew's horticultural team, resulting in an officially licensed tool which is used and recommended by Kew gardens
- Ideal for pruning small branches around the garden or allotment
- 178 mm seven carbon steel blade, seven ppi ultra sharp precision ground teeth
- Blade locks in open and closed position
- Grow Your Own 2022 Great British Growing Award Winners
Mossy Oak Pruning Saw, Folding Hand Saw with Secure Lock, 3 Blades Made of Cr-V and 65Mn, for Wood, Bone, PVC, Tree Pruning, Camping, Hunting, Metal, Solid TPR Soft Grip and Portable Pouch
- 【High Strength Blades】 NOTE: Please read the manual and be careful before first use, as one blade cames pre-fitted. Mossy Oak pruning saw blades are made of 65Mn and 58Cr-V and sharp for smooth, fast and clear sawing. Diverse sharp teeth (5 TPI/11TPI/18 TPI), coated for less friction & resistance with each pull for quicker sawing
- 【Multi-Purpose Utility】 Featuring triple-cut razor sharp teeth, the folding hand saw can easily cuts wood, tree, bone(use metal blade) and plastic metal, be a great help in the bush for trail maintenance or while camping or constructing shelter
- 【Soft Solid Handle】 Ergonomic slip-resistant comfort grip handle features with TPR rubber coated. The proper size can work with any hand size. The rugged razor tooth blade remains stable during strong pulls resulting in accurate cuts
- 【Secure Lock】 Lock System prevents the blade from accidental close during use. Push the green button and fold the saw blade, store it in your pocket when it's idle. Before putting into use, take the folding saw out from the sheath, open and stretch the saw blade and lock it
- 【Nylon Pouch 】 Nylon sheath in the package, can hold hand saw and 2 additional replaced blades as well, easy and safe to carry multi-purpose tool for utility job.Take different blades for REAL WORK of wood, bone, plastic according to the actual situation
Davaon Pro Folding Pruning Saw - Premium Folding Hand Saw For Bushcraft, Wood Cutting, Camping, Tree Pruning, Trimming, Soft Grip Foldable Handle, Green/Grey, Folding Saw, Wood Saw, Hand Saw for Trees
- [ 𝐒𝐔𝐂𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐒𝐀𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 ] - Equipped with a 7-inch triple-cut blade made from durable SK5 carbon steel and razor-sharp teeth (7 tpi), this rust-resistant pruning saw creates less friction for quicker sawing
- [ 𝟑 𝐒𝐀𝐖 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ] - This garden saw allows you to choose between 3 different positions for comfortable and effortless sawing from all angles. Simply release the lock and slightly move the blade until it clicks
- [ 𝐌𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐈𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐄 ] - This lightweight saw can be used on camping and hiking trips and makes an ideal addition to survival gear kits as well as being an excellent pruning tool for your garden
- [ 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐘 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 & 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄] - The protective lock keeps the folding saw from unfolding when not in use and easily unlocks with the press of a button, so you can use and store it with confidence
- [ 𝐄𝐑𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐂 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓 ] - The non-slip soft-grip handle was developed to increase your comfort when cutting wood. Complete with a convenient thumb-rest to ensure you have the best grip whilst trimming
Spear & Jackson 4968PS Razorsharp Large Fixed Handle Pruning Saw with Cover
- High performance pruning saw for tree branches and other large garden shrubs
- Chrome plated high carbon steel for lasting sharpness and rust resistance
- Triple bevel ground teeth for cutting on both forward and backward stroke
- Non-slip ergonomic soft feel handle for safety and comfort
- Comes complete with a scabbard featuring a belt hook for safe carrying and storage
- 10 Year Guarantee
Draper Expert 50cm Soft Grip Curved Blade Garden Hand Saw - 44997 - Tree Cutter Pruning Tool
- Expert Quality
- Curved saw
- Hardened and tempered large and small teeth
- The small teeth for starting the cut
- Soft grip handle for user comfor
GRÜNTEK Folding Pruning Saw for Wood and Trees, 180mm, Hand Saw, Teflon Blade, Soft Cork Handle
- Garden-Outdoor-Saw: SAFE and super comfortable cork handle; Teflon-coated handsaw blade
- Folding saw Total length: 410 mm; Saw blade: 180 mm; Weight: 254 Gr; Garden saw: BALANCED and LONG construction of the handle minimises stress and required effort during sawing
- 24-month warranty on the pocket saw when used properly
- LIGHTWEIGHT HAND SAW with straight saw blade length 180 mm, robust and stable; with IMPULSE-hardened PRECISION toothing, 6 teeth per inch and 3-dimensional grinding per tooth
- Saw blade made of special tool steel, outdoor folding saw Teflon coated and clear lacquered surface for precise, clean and accurate cuts
Oregon (600136)Curved Premium Japanese High-Carbon Steel Hand Saw, Rust Proof Forestry/Pruning/Cutting Tool, Curved Blade with Scabbard Safety Sheath ,Red,13"
- Hand held arborist’s cutter: Curved profile offers increased cutting power with less force while pulling the saw, especially on further away branches
- Curved profile: Featuring tri-edge, offset teeth - providing 3 cutting angles to reduce friction for a smooth and controlled cut. Ergonomic design for ease and comfort
- High quality blade: Made from premium Japanese carbon steel with chrome plating for rust prevention and extended blade life. Impulse hardened teeth for extended staysharp
- Premium performance: Taper-ground blades and removable blade with a tang that spans full length of the handle for strong attachment. Push-button release mechanism on scabbard
- Easy to replace the blades: Use a coin to remove the two plastic screws on the saw handle and pop out the nuts. Search for part number 600139. Includes 1 x 13” blade plus scabbard
X-COTEC Pruning Saw, Folding Pruning Hand Saw with 2 Blades, SK5 High Carbon Steel Blade, Premium Folding Hand Saw for Bushcraft, Camping, Wood, Tree Pruning, Trimming
- [High Performance] The X-COTEC pruning saw features SK5 spring steel blade, which has 4X the cutting life of normal saw blade. The package is equipped with a hand saw and two replaceable blades.
- [Comfortable Non-slip Handle] Hand saw surface of the handle is non-slip texture with TPR rubber coat, it is comfortable to grip and convenient to use.
- [Strong Grip] X-COTEC hand saw provide a large amount of grip for the hand saw. This ensures that you can use the saw with comfort but also exert as much force as you need when you cut any log or tree.
- [Lightweight and Portable] Our folding saw is lightweight, You can easily keep it safely in your toolbox or backpack. This is perfect if you are a gardener who needs to move around a lot.
- [Lock The Blade] This pruning saw is equipped with a locking system, the saw blade will not come out of place or be protruding whenever you are not using it. This lock will keep the blade safely tucked away to avoid any potential injury.
Bahco 396 Lap Laplander Folding Pruning Saw
- For general cutting along or across the grain
- Thick blade with XT toothing
- Friction reducing coating
- Comfortable, 2-component handle
- Safety lock in open and closed positions
Spear and Jackson 4948PS/09 Razorsharp Folding Pruning Saw
- Pruning saw which is ideal for cutting living green branches up to 90 mm (3.5) in diameter
- 245 mm (9.6) blade, seven points per Inch, ultra sharp precision ground teeth
- Chrome plated blade for rust resistance, non slip handle grip for safer use
- Blade folds into handle for safe storage and locks in both the open and closed position
- Grow Your Own 2022 Great British Growing Award Winners
Top brands pruning saws – Bestselling and preferred by consumers in the UK
Our comparison of the top 10 products offers you the following benefits:
- After a thorough inspection of the products, you will find a reasonable price!
- When visiting the seller’s official website, you can read reviews from customers who bought the product!
- This way, you can find the best product quickly and conveniently, thanks to the tidy table with quick access to the seller!
- The links you will find in the table are always only to trusted companies!
- These companies guarantee satisfaction with the purchase. They also facilitate the easy return or replacement in case of an issue with the product!
There aren’t many people in the UK who don’t have access to the Internet. And almost everyone uses it to do their research and check a few reviews before making their purchase. That’s why we at buyforgarden.co.uk want you to make the right purchase decision and get the best quality for the price you pay.
Here you can find the best-selling products from online stores in the UK. Many customers who have bought them have appreciated them well because they are happy with the purchase.
Tony, Steve and Emma test out a variety of pruning saws.
In the table, you will find a selection of the brands sold in stores such as Argos, B&Q, Homebase or Wickes. Besides being the best sellers, they are also the best rated compared to similar products in the same category.
On our page, you have the opportunity to compare different products from different categories. Through reviews and comments from other buyers, we can provide you with a lot of helpful information and help you find the best-selling product.
Here you will find a list of brands, the best products and a useful description for each product.
The list of products is updated daily, thus providing up-to-date prices and the most important information. This allows you to compare products and make great choices optimally.
Customer reviews help you make quick conclusions about quality, transport, delivery times and more.
If you find the price of a particular product in the table, rest assured that the information is updated regularly.
In addition to comparing the opinions of the diggers, you can also search for reviews published on other websites on the web. No matter what review you are looking for, you will indeed find the information you need.
How to choose the best pruning saw?
We have compiled a list of criteria that will help you make the best choice. It will also protect you from making bad decisions and big headaches, and buying problems.
Get your knowledge of buyers, friends and the Internet. Before you buy the products, you can be more informed and know all the best brands. For this purpose, read the sellers’ opinion, don’t forget to check both positive and negative comments.
How do people rate pruning saw?
It has to be said that people can rate pruning saw very well, but only if the product is worth it. As we said, you don’t just have to see a pruning saw with a good rating and place an order. But having 5 stars doesn’t mean that this is your product. Of course, the amount of evaluations is also very important. Depending on the product you are looking to buy, this suggests a good quality product.
Always look at the number of different ratings. The better pruning saw the more positive will be the opinions and information about it.
Of course, with only a few reviews doesn’t mean that the product isn’t worth buying. It may just be a new model that hasn’t been on the market long enough. Here you need to look and check in more detail. Companies like Amazon, Argos, Homebase and B&Q offer an excellent opportunity to check all the reviews left days, months, even years ago. Testing is also possible, but in the following text, we will talk about our purchase guide.
What is the price of a good product?
You wouldn’t refuse to buy the best product at the best possible price. Of course, this also applies to the purchase of this product. Everything should always be affordable and not cause additional costs, but quality comes at a price.
Choosing a cheap product often turns out to be the more expensive option. That is why we strive to show the different prices for each item in the comparison table. With each product we show you, you will always find the current price, although this may vary depending on shipping costs and product variations.
Our advice is to be reasonable with your budget; the cheap one catches the eye but often doesn’t last long enough. Buying a good quality product will make you happier in the long run.
How was the comparison made?
The user experience offers us different opinions. If buyers or consumers, at first glance, misjudge the product, it means that they didn’t like it at all because the size, shape or even colour wasn’t suitable for them. However, these so-called 1-star reviews often contain only the frustration that the user has had.
Maybe they just made a bad purchase, and it just wasn’t suitable for their ideas. To avoid this, we always recommend that you read the reviews carefully. If not, go to your local Argos, B&Q or Homebase if you have this item in stock. There you can take a closer look and form an opinion. You will need to follow our advice and even talk to a consultant who can help you further in your wintering decision.
In the comparison table, there are also many ratings with 5 stars for excellent product quality. These customer reviews are a sign that they are pleased with their choice. Take a look at their reviews; you will find something about the quality of the product.
Before you buy pruning saw, you need to clarify all the questions you have in advance. Comments from other buyers will help you, but you can also research forums on the subject or ask a direct question in Amazon, Argos or B&Q. Are there any other things to keep in mind besides the product details listed? Is the colour correct, as seen in the small image in the online store?
These are all questions that you, as a user, will surely ask yourself.
Naturally, manufacturers are striving to make a high turnover with their products. The more famous the brand, the better the products. But of course, many small and unknown brands offer good quality.
Here you need to pay attention to the additional purchase criteria.
Finally, of course, the price is also decisive. If the price isn’t simply proportional to the quality, it is advisable to look for another product.
With all this information, we hope you have found what you are looking for.